Monday 29 August 2011

Collage art

This collage art business has gripped me completely and I've been learning lots of new tricks.

Most of my pictures are created using paper ephemera and Backgrounds that I have designed using either more ephemera, found paper or objects or watercolour paper with masking tape and paint - whatever is to hand really.

I have also got three fantastic apps for my iPhone which are pixlr- o - matic, juxtapose and Instagram which I have been using in much the same way as people would use photoshop. I don't get as much satisfaction from these pictures as you can't actually hold them but all of the photography is mine including the background pictures so even if I use the odd image from an old magazine or annual I do mainly use images that are all my own work not sourced from google.




Masking tape on watercolour preparation.



"a quiet night." collage on watercolour paper with paint/ ,masking tape effect and found paper. 29/8/11




"Walking for pleasure."

Collage using found papers on watercolour paper. August 2011




"walking for pleasure." collage photographed and filters added and "dirt" frame from pixl-o-matic app







Section of collage using found papers and mounted on watercolour paper using paint and masking tape effect. August 2011




Section of collage using found papers and mounted on watercolour paper using paint and masking tape effect. August 2011.




Entire collage using found papers and mounted on watercolour paper using paint and masking tape effect. August 2011.Collage title Interchangeable with each other.




Section of collage using found papers and mounted on watercolour paper using paint and masking tape effect. August 2011.


Mr invisible....... I am very keen to use the pieces of paper left behind. And I am very interested in the correlation between words and pictures and phrases.


No comments:

Post a Comment