Saturday 2 July 2011

Stitch in time.......

I have been creating these stitch pictures with a view to selling them in my etsy shop.

They were originally intended to form the final part of module 3 which was in colour however once my course finished abruptly and I completed these in black and White I really liked them and found them more effective like this.

The pictures which inspired this sequence were taken by my husband on holiday in the Isles of Scilly recently. They are of Elliott standing on a post on Tresco while we were waiting ( ironically in the wrong place) for a ferry back to St Martins.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad





I drew the pictures on to a thin transfer type paper and then pinned it over the fabric. Then using an embroidery thread I followed my drawings and "drew" with the sewing machine to create these stitch pictures. Below are first the images I drew and then below each one is the corresponding stitch picture.


























1 comment:

  1. It's so interesting being taken through the process, Amanda. Thanks for that...... fantastic images BTW - as photos, drawings and stitch pictures.
    §{:O])=

    ReplyDelete